Two 3d printing events in East Berkshire

I am involved with 2 different 3d printing events that are happening in East Berkshire in October. So I thought that I would share what we are up to in the name of TVRRUG and ask if there is a user of SketchUp that can help us with the second one. :slight_smile:

The first is on 14 October. It is at The Curve in Slough. David Price, Hannah and I will be running a series of keytag printing workshop - similar to those that we run at TeenTech events and have also run at various libraries in West Berkshire and Maidenhead. In the course of a 40 minute session, participants customise the lettering on a keytag and then 3d print their design. Each session provides an introduction to 3d CAD/CAM for novices and requires no prior technical knowledge. It is unlikely to be of benefit to TVRRUG members but you might know someone who might be interested.

This is the third time that we have run such a session at The Curve, which is a very pleasant venue. Previous events have been pretty much full, so advance booking is advised.

The second is on 21 October and will take place at The Workary in Maidenhead. This is intended as a follow up to events that we have run at The Curve, Maidenhead and Cox Green Libraries this year. It is intended to offer a chance to look at 3d design packages in more detail and also to discuss the plusses and minuses of different kinds of 3d printers. The plan is for Hannah to cover OpenSAD, Chris Moolenschot to cover Fusion360 and me to cover TinkerCAD. We had hoped that David would cover SketchUp but he has a prior engagement on this date - so we are looking for someone with a working knowledge of SketchUp to help us out. If you are such a person, please contact me.

We are hoping that this event will also act as a pilot for other “maker” type workshops at The Workary and maybe eventually lead to some sort of maker group in the Slough, Windsor & Maidenhead area. So if you know of anyone who might be interested please flag this up to them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Malcolm

I have spent 4 or 5 days designing two objects in SketchUp: one was 3D printed, the other laser cut. Not sure if I have sufficient knowledge for your purpose, I can get out of my depth pretty quickly. Let me know if you think I can help.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for offering. I am sure that you will be able to help.

Might it be a good idea for us to meet up beforehand - maybe at SHM?

Regards,
Malcolm

P.s. (for the site administrators) I did try to respond to Andrew by replying to the email notification sent to my gmail account. However, gmail told me, “Delivery incomplete. The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.” So I thought that I had better let you know…

Yep - SHM would be good. I am pretty flexible, so I’ll ask you to set a date/time.

Hi Andrew,

What about meeting at the Open Evening next Friday (assuming that there is on planned form next Friday).

I could probably get down there for around 19h30.

Regards,
Malcolm

See you there. 19:30, Fri 06-Oct.