The Art of Electronics

This is a book widely regarded as the book to own regarding Electronics.

A new edition is being released soon, and I intend to find a way to get a copy as a housewarming present for a new space (if when we find one!).

3 Likes

We should also get this one:

I do very much hope Knuth finishes the series though, but given that it’s taken 30 years to get half way there, and he’s in his 70s… it doesn’t look good :cry:

2 Likes

@Macaba The hackspace has an old edition in our library iirc, might be nice to compliment it with the latest edition :smile:

They have been talking about a new Art of Electronics for years but I haven’t seen any sign of it…

The 3rd edition is now available - hurrah !!!

The Art of Electronics

The contents list and all of chapter 9, Voltage Regulation and Power Conversion, are available here to read.

Cool, I will be getting a copy of this…

Looks like the e-mail handler screwed up a bit there.

I’ve disabled e-mail posting while I investigate!

I’ve deleted the dupes, apologies to any lost comedy this causes :slight_smile:

Back on topic - so this is a £60 book - exactly how awesome is it?

It’s the book I would turn to if Al wasn’t around to ask :slight_smile:

Maybe we can get Alan to record an Audiobook version? :slight_smile:

The Art of Electronics. It is widely accepted as the best single authoritative book on electronic circuit design. In addition to new or enhanced coverage of many topics, the third edition includes 90 oscilloscope screenshots illustrating the behavior of working circuits, dozens of graphs giving highly useful measured data of the sort that is often buried or omitted in datasheets but which you need when designing circuits, and 80 tables, enabling intelligent choice of circuit components by listing essential characteristics of available parts. The new Art of Electronics retains the feeling of informality and easy access that helped make the earlier editions so successful and popular. It is an indispensable reference and the gold standard for anyone, student or researcher, professional or amateur, who works with electronic circuits.

Cool, I will be getting a copy of this…