Second Sunday MakerSpace Meetups in 2023

This is a place holder post to notify people of the regular Second Sunday meetups and will be updated with details of the next event. Accumulated comments on past events are also recorded here.

As part of the initiative to use the MakerSpace at the Boileroom more effectively, this weekend is another opportunity for a Second Sunday of the month meetup at the space.

This would be a chance to get together and exchange ideas, check out the new laser cutter upgrades and have a warm cup of tea or other choice of beverage. Did someone say cake ?

This will be between 3-5pm on the 12th Mar 2023, but that’s flexible if people would like to come earlier or stay later.

3 Likes

That sounds good, see you then!

I think the bandsaw needed its alignment checked, so I’ll probably try to take a quick look at that as well as working on a couple of other projects.

Excellent, I have a uninterruptable power supply that could do with some TLC and LED bulbs !

We’re here, and have been for a bit :slight_smile: who else is coming along?

Hello! Thank you for organizing the meetup at the MakerSpace. I was wondering if you could let us know when the next Sunday meeting in January will be and if you will be posting it in the forum. I’m really looking forward to getting together and exchanging ideas, as well as checking out the new laser cutter upgrades. Thank you in advance for your response.

There’s an event on Meetup for Sunday, 3pm-5pm

Planning to come along and chat about a workshop for the 22nd. Look forward to seeing all who can make it.

1 Like

Exciting prospect, look forward to hearing about this afternoon!

Lovely to see everyone!

Bumping this post up so people see it :wink:
Details at the top of the thread, for this month’s Second Sunday event.

Hi, I am chairman of SEMARC an electronics makers club for those interested in communications and radio.

I hope to pop along on Sunday to have a chat about how we can work together.

Eric
M0REQ

3 Likes

Which country are you guys based?

UK, we are Surrey based

2 Likes

It’s time for our Second Sunday Meetup and open afternoon at the Boileroom this weekend.

Please feel free to drop in and say hello if you are curious about what we do or have any specific questions, or if you just want to catch up with people.

2 Likes

Excellent, we’ll be there!

I’ll probably be tinkering with an ESP8266 microcontroller, and possibly getting the old oscilloscope out to see if I can make it draw some mushrooms!

1 Like

I’m going to attempt to drop by if life doesn’t get in the way, Mainly to put more faces (which I will promptly forget) to names (see above) :wink: