It’s been a while, seems there’s is just about always something I have to do on a Friday or Tuesday evening.
The last couple of weeks I have been destroying and rebuilding the fireplace in my living room.
We decided the open fireplace although looks nice is impractical; they’re only about 25% efficient, always have to be tended lest they burn the house down and the old chimney leaks in the room upstairs.
We have decided to get the chimney lined and multifuel stove installed, so I’ve done all the legwork of getting the old fireplace out, making a nice new hearth and opening for the stove to go in.
Here’s an album of my progress: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAGz7Zr8l62YZRVW2
I will add to the album util the project is complete.