LoRaWAN Collaborators Wanted

Hi,
is there anyone out there interested in LoRaWAN? I’ve setup a Gateway and Community in Hersham and look for people interested in sensor networks.
Thanks,
Chris

Apologies - “community” refers to a TTN “community” I launched - Currently it’s a community of 1…

Hi Chris,

I like to think of myself as a “country” member of SHM - as I live in Maidenhead and it takes me more than an hour to get to Guildford unless I am driving in the early hours… I was a founder member of Reading Hackspace.

There is a really active LoraWAN community around Reading. They can be found on a Google group called TVTTNUG.

It might be worth getting in touch with them. One of their ambitions is to support other local communities get LoraWAN networks established

This post contains links to a couple of videos about their activities and what they think that they have done to make their local LoraWAN community a very active one. They were presenting in Cardiff - to help the good people fo Cardiff develop their LoraWAN network.

Regards,
Malcolm

Hi Chris,

I am very interested in LoRa - a while ago we had a guest talk by Alex from Pycom and I think it captured the imagination of our members. @mark, a very missed ‘country member’ worked on the OpenTRV project was our main member for LoRa. Sadly, it’s not something I’ve had a chance to properly look at so it’s still very early days (I have a Lime SDR which I anticipate I can use for LoRa based fun).

I can’t offer any experience, but I am certainly interested in LoRa and sensor networks as a whole. If that’s something that you’re looking for, I’m sure the space as a whole would be interested in helping out.

Chris

Many thanks Malcom & Chris - appreciate the links and interest in the topic.
Any open sessions planned anytime soon or particular days of the week for me to stop by at the boilerroom?

Hi Chris,

Tuesdays and Fridays from 6:30pm onwards are our open sessions. Fridays are usually best as they are the busiest ones :slight_smile:

Many thanks - will try to stop by tonight.