Looking for Maker - Superman Project

Hi,

I’m a cosplayer and I had a replica Man of Steel costume made. I’m also a part-time magician and need someone to help me build Superman tricks (paid work). Firstly, I need laser eyes. Is anyone able to build something like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFlPOY17oK8

I would like a slightly sturdier but invisible construction. No hanging wires. The unit will be shaped like a halo with a battery at the back and a switch at the side. The frame will be thin metal (black) at the back and sides (similar to sunglasses), but the front lens will be a thin strip of clear perspex with LEDS at each eye.

Who’s up for the challenge?

Thank you,

Nicholas

Hello and welcome Nicholas. This sounds like an interesting manageable project for someone at the space. Are you located locally, could you possibly drop in to one of our open sessions at the Boileroom in Guildford and perhaps chat about your exact needs with some of the makers who might be interested ?

Absolutely. I am based in Esher and would be happy to visit. Is today or tomorrow an option? If so, please let me know what time.

Best regards,

Nicholas

Tomorrow is our open evening and it normally pulls a good number of members who you could chat to.
We start from around 6:00pm and are located upstairs at the Boileroom in the middle of Guildford on the opposite side of the road from Waitrose.

Access to the space is via the rear garden of the Boileroom on Stoke Fields. You’ll probably spot the large sign for the Boileroom Tattoo Parlour to the right of the gate.

Once in the garden walk past the tables towards the ground floor window on the side of the building, turning to the left you should see a large black metal door.

Beyond the door is a set of stairs, ascend these, walk along the landing, past the tattoo parlour on the left and turn right, the space door is at the end of the corridor.

Look forward to seeing tomorrow !

I won’t be able to do that time tomorrow. Any chance you could ask on my behalf? I will be returning from holiday on 8th May.

No problem, people will probably be around from 5:00pm until 11:00pm. I could ask on your behalf, but I suspect you will get a better response in person where you can explain exactly the constraints and end effect you are hoping to achieve. Would you want to drop in after you return from holiday ?

I’m late to the conversation.
Have you looked at Neopixels (WS2812b) or Dotstars (APA102). These are RGB LEDs that are super bright but being RGB would give the option to change the colours live.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292028908909

Would require a bit more power and a controller.

Maybe worth considering.

Albert.

1 Like