Hi all, I’d like to propose a project, but I’ll need help with it
These are just some initial thoughts.
For the new laser cutter, there are a bunch of safety and general-interest things I’d like to monitor, and log over time.
- Physical display of the main parameters
- Data-logged to some web-accessible place
- Certain parameters tied in to the safety cut-out
Parameters To Monitor
- Temperature of the coolant water in the reservoir
- Flow rate of the water in the coolant system
- Flow rate of the air out of the case
- Pressure of the air in the air-assist (maybe?)
- Temperature of the air inside the main case
- Current going to the laser
- Switch-position sensor for Board power
- Switch-position sensor for Water power,
- Switch-position sensor for Air power and
- Switch-position sensor for Laser power
From the above list, if Laser Power is on (10):
- 7 must be ‘on’
- 8 must be ‘on’
- 9 must be ‘on’
- 1 should be below some set value, otherwise treat as E-Stop.
- 2 should be above some set value, otherwise treat as E-Stop.
- 3 should be above some sett value, otherwise treat as E-Stop.
- 4 is probably not a sky-is-falling problem, but should probably alert if <ambient.
- 5 should be below some set value, otherwise treat as E-Stop and ring all the bells.
- 6 should be below some set value, otherwise treat as E-Stop.
Number 6 will be useful because that will basically say when the system is being used, how much and how long for.
Some possibly relevant links: rLab Laser Monitoring