Finished projects, 2023?

Hi folks, anyone finished a project yet this year? Happy to collect some pics here to share on our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
I finished the garment I was adding the zip to on Sunday. It’s warm (also, excuse the poor selfie).

2 Likes

Oh nice job.

Do you have an email address or WhatsApp I can send some photos to post on socials.

Hi, you can post your pics directly here :slight_smile:
When you are typing a post, look at the list of icons (for emojis, settings etc) one is an up arrow. You can use that to upload images from your device / computer.
Give that a try (if in doubt, use the forum message functionality and we can exchange email addresses to share pics that way).

1 Like

Also - finished gloves!

6 Likes

2 Likes

Just some general photos of the space being used.

1 Like

More of an ongoing project really. I’m now getting somewhere using the 3D application Blender to help me visualise forms made from laser cut Perspex.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I can comprehend the idea of a finished project but this has at least reached a decent milestone. It’s essentially a custom break-out for a Wemos D1, with interfacing for WS2812b LEDs, relays (direct or via 74595 shift register), a DHT22, two 1-wire busses, a pulse counter and an LDR.

These things are being scattered around my house and garden doing temperature and humidity monitoring and controlling lighting, the garage door, solenoids for watering, pulse counters on water meters. That kind of stuff. Oh, and multicoloured LEDs because I think everything should have those.

The idea is to standardise these to some extent to make them easily managed in quantity (I’m losing count, but there’s at least ten deployed so far). They have a simple HTTP status front end, MQTT comms for reporting and commands, and they’re OTA upgradeable. At some point I’m going to set up a continuous integration style deployment so that when I commit a buggy change it goes to every device n the network before I’ve had a chance to notice (mwuahahahah,…ahem). Might need some gatekeeping.

And while it’s not finished as such, I’ve got to stage where all of the one-off little circuits around the place have been retired, along with three raspberry PIs which were overkill for 1-wire to ethernet gateways.

5 Likes

That’s great to hear about your ongoing project! It sounds like you’ve made significant progress by using Blender and laser cut Perspex. Your custom break-out board for the Wemos D1 is impressive, with all its functionalities like temperature and humidity monitoring, lighting control, pulse counting, and more. Your standardization approach will definitely make the management of these devices much easier. It’s fascinating to know about the MQTT communications and OTA upgrade capability, and your plans for continuous integration deployment. Good luck with your project!

2 Likes