EMF was announced for next year
I plan to improve on the DomeNode hardware after what we learnt previously.
Here’s what I have so far:
- 24v-5v regulator is not precise enough. We should add a separate 5v LDO regulator alongside the 3.3v one to power sensitive devices (e.g. the neopixels).
- Neopixels should be put on a separate ‘shield’. This would simplify construction dramatically, as these basic shields could easily be stenciled/reflowed. It also means testing will be easier as we separate the various functions.
- Vertical RJ45s
- Potentially additional functionality testing. I populated the original board with microphone and speaker options, but it’s feasible we could shield these as well and do something more fun with them.
- Also possibly allow fitting of a dev board instead of ESP module for easier soldering/development.
- Easier programming, specifically using the special ESP programmer with built in reset/program ability.