Becoming a member?

Hi folks,

Hope you are all doing well.

Is the space taking new members? If so, how do I sign up?

• Amanda
1 Like

Sorry I missed your message. You welcome to come along on a Wednesday or Saturday and join.

Also if you want to drop me your number I’ll add you to the WhatsApp group.

Matthew

1 Like

Hi,

I am very keen to become a member too. I wondered if you had any more information on how I can do this? I would like to use the laser to continue my project of fan making and potentially start a business.

Thanks,

Sophia Mace

Hi Sophia,

Usually the best way to become a member is to check in with one of the directors or members and come along to a Wednesday evening open session.
You can come along, chat to some members, take a tour, and someone can guide you through the signup process (which involves a very simple form that needs to be filled out).

Cheers!

Chris

Hi, my name is Jules reclamation artist in Farnham I’m doing some installation work for Boomtown and I could really do some help as I don’t know what I’m doing with an FDM printer. My friend is unable to help me now I need to print a Wind Turbine for Boomtown festival as well building a perpetual energy, Wind Turbine made with bicycle wheels as a gyroscope.

However, I’m missing the crucial component the 3-D printed the Liam F1 turbine in the middle.

Happy to sign up, but really need some help immediately with this as the deadline is next Wednesday

hi @LAB_RAT, not sure why your post wasn’t allowed but it was likely due to our anti-spam filters.
Please see my above reply - best thing to do is to reach out to @matthewfelgate or myself with a PM with your mobile number to add to our WhatsApp group.
Plenty of people in there that can help out.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. How do you suggest I get in contact with a member? I would love to go to an open evening.

Thanks,

Sophia

Hi Sophia,

Feel free to send me a direct message here. I myself (sadly) am not getting to the space as much as I want to, but I can add you to the WhatsApp group where a lot of members hang out and it’s much easier to check who might be around on a certain day. I’m hoping to make it along myself so at least I’ll be there - I used to be a director and am very happy to give people tours.
I’ve already been speaking to another prospective member who wants to come along next Wednesday if that’s good for you?

Chris

Hi Sophia we are around most Wednesdays and Saturdays if you want to visit the Makerspace you are most welcome.

As Chris says we also we have a WhatsApp group if you have a number.

Here’s the WhatsApp link: WhatsApp Group Invite

Hi Matthew,
Myself and a friend are also interested in coming along and looking at the space and understanding how we can become members - I assume it is best to sign up to the WhatsApp group link (above) and go from there?
Thanks,
Sam

Feel free to join the WhatsApp group. Also people will be at the Makespace most Wednesdays and some Saturdays. Feel free to come along and check it out before you become a member.

Sunday afternoons/evenings are also popular times. Best to let folks know you might be along so everyone can synchronise timings.