Firstly on a personal note I would like to announce that I will be stepping down as a Director. I will continue to be an active member of the Makerspace though.
The exact date is unconfirmed but will be whenever works best for the Makerspace.
Here are the minutes from the AGM (thanks to Andrew for making them):
AGM 20223 Minutes
Members attending: Andrew, Luke, Mathew, Ramy, Claire, Chris, Russell, Florian
Directors: Mathew, Julian, Andrew (taking minutes).
Discussion of progress over the last year
- Moving the Makerspace
- Building the new Makerspace
Finances over the last year were much improved mainly due to:
- Reduced rent
- Increased membership due to new facilities
Full accounts including expenses were not available, but will be posted online for members approval.
Change of Directors
Julian Warren intends to step down as a director. Luke Hewison has offered to stand as a new Director, Julian Warren seconded this.
There were no objections from those at the AGM.
A forum poll will be created to allow members to vote on this new appointment.
Luke suggested moving to a Mettle bank account - AP is investigating
Discussion of cost £200 per year for MeetUp, do we want to continue? - probably.
Facebook, online and leaflet marketing were discussed
Insurance when and what is covered? - AP is setting this up
Tidy up and safety check of equipment:
- Risk assessment for equipment
- Equipment training.
- Sharp tools cupboard as required by our rental agreement.
- First aid box check.
Suggestion to organise a date for weekend to have everyone turn up to help sort tools.
Posting link to apply for Makerspace out of hours access on forum - AP to do this
Attracting more members:
- Encouragement to increase Forum activity, more project posts.
- EMF Camp is happening in June 2024 we should have a presence
- Encourage greater member diversity with workshops and facilities
- Advertise to local University students.
- Workshop ideas including SMD, jewellery casting, crochet.
- New signs for gate and building.
- Newspaper adverts / articles
- Blog posting Rota
- Possibility of organising / hosting a Quarterly Makers/Crafters Market?
- Soldiering iron collection - test for workshops - JW to investigate
Laser cutter upgrades:
- Diode laser & power upgrades.
- Change laser cutter to Gerber based controller.
- Lid interlock
Thanks to the members who attended our AGM.