A PC for SHM

Last time I was at the space in Guildford I struggled with the Think Pad connected to the Laser Cutter. I have a PC which I am happy to donate to SHM. It had a life in a shop which is now closed. It’s currently running Windows 10.

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 DM PC + 1920 x 1080 (16:9) HP V213a Monitor and all necessary cables.

Intel i5-6500T 2.5GHz CPU
8GB Ram
500GB HDD
120W Power Pack Adapter (original) Windows 10 Pro Installed and Activated 6 x USB 3.0 up to 5Gb/s and a USB -C Intel GB Ethernet

And all tied into a neat wall bracket

I have tried uploading some photos which appears to work and then I get an access denied message, not sure why, they are jpg files.

Image issue is a known one (someone’s looking into it).

What do others think about the machine offered?

Thanks Clare, I thought it might have been an image issue at my end.
The PC just isn’t being used, it’s in a box in front our telly with the DVD player on top of it. It would be so much more productive at SHM easing the strain on that little Think Pad. And it’s wall bracket could be useful too.

@stochastic_forest, @AndrewPatience what do you think?

Would be useful to know the dimensions of the PC, in order to work out where to fit it.

The PC is small 17x18x4cm. The Monitor is 48x30cm. The two are currently held together via a bespoke lever arm wall bracket. When folded flat against the wall the front of the screen is 17cm from the wall.

Hi Russell.

I think it’s a good idea and definitely an upgrade. It will fit next to the laser cutter without any issues. We can keep the laptop available as a back up.
Are you in urgent need of moving it?

Hi Andrew,
It’s not vital that I move the PC immediately. I’m happy to bring it in anytime really. Though the last time I went to the Boileroom I couldn’t get in, so I think at the moment I’d need to meet some one who has a key.