2015 Brighton Maker Faire

I’ve just noticed that applications for the Brighton Maker Faire close on Monday the 8th June.

I don’t think anyone has put us down to attend, is that correct ?

As far as I know Matt, no nobody has put in an application.

I did post something on the Google Group in response to Albert’s post about it. So far nobody has replied to that to say they would like to attend and help with running our stand.

I put in the application last year, I can apply again for us this year if there’s interest, so far though we’re looking more than a little light in terms of both people and projects!

The deadline for applications is tomorrow. So far we have:

PEOPLE: Me, Claire.
PROJECTS: Musical Octopus, Mind Controlled Flappy Bird.

If anyone can help run the stand, and / or provide projects to show that would be great!!

Julian.

Thanks Julian,
I just wanted to check that no one else had taken this forward, I’m happy to fill in the application.

I was thinking about asking for more space this year , as we always seem to be cramped.

I’ve no doubt people will appear nearer the time to help out in addition to our stalwarts like you and Claire :smile:

No doubt the octopus is going to go down a storm !

Application submitted !

Good news, our application for the Brighton Maker Faire ( 5th Sept 2015 ) has been accepted !

Before it can be finalised we need to submit a risk assessment form.
Can all of you who intend to take an exhibit to the faire for our stand please
supply me with details under the following headings and in line with the guidance in italics.

It would be great if there wasn’t too long a delay as I’d like to finalise the application as soon as we can.

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

SUBJECT FOR ASSESSMENT
Name the activity or project, machine, equipment, etc.

ASSOCIATED HAZARD
List the significant hazards associated with each subject (e.g., electricity, petrol, fumes, noise, dust, etc.) refer to relevant Analysis Sheets (i.e., COSHH, Noise)

PEOPLE INVOLVED
List the groups(s) of people who might be at risk

TYPE OF POSSIBLE INJURY/ILLNESS
Give a brief statement for each hazard (e.g., cut hand, eye damage, chronic illness)

EXISTING RISK-CONTROL MEASURES
What method(s) is to be used to ensure that the risk involved with this hazard is reduced to a sensible level? (eg trained supervision, wet area control, safety fencing, PAT testing)

LIKELIHOOD OF EVENT
Enter for each hazard
High, Medium or Low

Is this the kind of thing being requested

SUBJECT FOR ASSESSMENT
Paper Marble Run. Demonstration of marble run built using card and tape.

ASSOCIATED HAZARD
Choking hazard from marbles.

PEOPLE INVOLVED
Public can play with the marble run and so will be holding the marbles.
Small children may try putting the marble in their mouth.

TYPE OF POSSIBLE INJURY/ILLNESS
Choking

EXISTING RISK-CONTROL MEASURES
Stand supervised and children only permitted to operate the marble run when accompanied by a parent/guardian.

LIKELIHOOD OF EVENT
Low

That’s perfect, thank you very much :slight_smile: