1 week to turn cabinet leg challenge 😅

Dear maker peeps
It’s here, my dream craft cabinet, minus a foot! There is actually a curve to the foot, so I don’t know how complicated it’s going to be to mirror the other one at the front, but I hope I can find some oak and make one to match within a week because the floor guy is going to need to move it without breaking it towards the end of this month. I take it the remnants of the broken foot can be removed with a chisel…anyone up to showing me some carpentry soon? Help is much appreciated
image|540x720

Nice cabinet! I’m wondering if the feet at the rear are the same as the one(s) at the front ?
Might be an approach to move a back leg to the front and fashion a less exact, but functional, replica to replace the back leg.

1 Like

@Heather I think your first step is to take as many photos of the ‘bad’ leg and a good one from different angles as possible :slight_smile:
It would be good to understand how it’s fixed. My guess would be it’s a glued mortice and tenon joint based on our other chats, which might mean @stochastic_forest’s great suggestion might not work.

Hi Matt - tickets bought, please check the forum👍

Sorry, Matt - it seems my post never appeared on the forum :confused: I managed to get two tickets for you & Angela on the first round, so if you could send £280 to giftgurumail@gmail.com via the friends & family option on PayPal (to avoid a charge), assuming you haven’t procured tickets yourself, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you :blush:

HI @Heather , you have mail.