Boileroom Floor Plans

I thought perhaps another mat, over the tiles.

(Note: not another Matt, we have too many of those already :wink: ).

I think managing dust is going to be a pain in the small space. Extraction is probably going to be key.

As is reducing the activities that produce dust in the first place :slight_smile:

Also that, but someone is going to do it :slight_smile:

I should be able to donate the cylinder Dyson I have (not upright). It would be good to have, also useful for any messy projects that could happen in the garden area.

1 Like

Hand-tools only for sawing, maybe we do need the manual mitre saw used on the dome in that case.
Enough in one Ā£140 roll to cover about 75% of the space, which could be sufficient for the at risk areas.

A possible floor covering here.

Yeah, thatā€™s the sort of covering. Iā€™d probably want the whole thing covered in one material though - donā€™t want to be restricted in what we can move around later.

In regards workstation/desk layout, I wouldnā€™t recommend putting desks around all the walls, this solution might seem to give a lot of workstation space but at the expense of being anti-social with everyone facing a wall with their backs to everyone.

Recently at work I moved into in a office (approx 5mx6m) where 5 desks face the wall & 4 facing each other, it was brought up by all of us that we didnā€™t like the idea of desks facing the wall, however no-one could provide a better layout.
It doesnā€™t do a lot for collaborative working, so much so that it was a contributing factor for one person to leave after a few months and go back to his old office (I kid you not), unsurprisingly he no longer works on the project anymore, though he is still employed by the company.

As one of the prime reasons of a meeting place for the makerspace is to collaborate, then I believe that having desks that donā€™t face each other would be a very bad idea.

So I think something like Andrew Patience layout would be preferable, though Iā€™d recommend removing the electronics station area and having 2 double movable table in the middle, something along these lines: